Great News, We are pleased to announce the commencement of MTNF Scholarship Scheme for Science & Technology students and Blind students 2019.
About MTN Foundation
MTNF was incorporated in 2004 to drive MTNN’s various CSR initiatives.commissioned in May 2005,it is Funded by up to 1% Profit After Tax from MTNN for projects. Over N18bn has been committed to MTNF projects from 2004 to date. Over 550 MTNF project sites in 36 States including the FCT Key focal areas developed in response to wide stakeholder engagement In partnership with Government/multilateral agencies.
The MTN Foundation partners with both public and credible private organisations to execute sustainable projects in each of the chosen focus areas. MTNF receives and processes proposals monthly. The Foundation is committed to ensuring that the selection and approval of its projects are conducted in a manner that is transparent, systematic, efficient, and effective while promoting its mission. As such, approved guidelines are strictly adhered to, in the selection of projects and partner organizations.
Read also : List of fully funded scholarships that you can currently apply for.
Over 1,000 schorlarships have been awarded through the MTN Foundation Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme and The MTN Foundation Scholarship for the blind!
The scholarship is worth N200,000 and renewable annually.
How to apply for MTN foundation scholarship for Blind students and Science and Technology students
The students must be in their third year at the time of application, ie they must be in 300L now admission set.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University.
Students applying for the Science and Technology scholarship scheme must be students of the following departments
Read also : AGIP Undergraduate Tertiary Scholarship Scheme.
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering.
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
A valid Student ID card
Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).
Read also : 30 scholarships you can apply for in November.
For Blind Students > Apply for MTN foundation scholarship for Blind students here.
For Science and Technology Students > Apply for MTN Foundation for Science and Technology students .
candidates are required to upload a copy of their recent passport photograph (maximum file size of 600kb) Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and MTNF bears sole responsibility for final selection of successful beneficiaries.
Read also : List of generous PhD and Postdoctoral scholarships that Nigerians can apply for.
Ensure you have an MTN number before applying, and open a Diamond Yello Account ASAP ( with your full and correct details).. That's where you'd be paid your entitlements (usually worth 200k)
Ensure you use a functional email address and check them regularly as you may be required to write Impromptu essays in order to be shortlisted for the exam
Do not focus on Past questions as there may be many flying around, rather focus more on ICT related questions, MTN current affairs, Math and General knowledge.
Ensure you have meaningful posts on your Facebook account, untag yourself from non-meaningful posts and pictures, this is because, MTN regard their scholars as Ambassadors and value them beyond the scholarship.
Also, ensure the Facebook username is your Full name
Over the years, it's been shown that students In Engineering are more favoured in this scholarship and as such, if you're not one, try to be over efficient in the shortlisting tasks.
Read also : Full tuition scholarships in Sweden that Nigerians can currently apply for.
APPLCATION DEADLINE IS NOT YET KNOWN.
Updated on 12:49-pm May 31, 2023