To sell, persuade or motivate anyone, you must understand that person. “The goal is understanding”. When you understand them, crafting a marketing message or creating content that connects with them will be a lot easier
Getting their demographics is the first piece to the puzzle. Identifying them. It is a pretty straight forward process. Demographics include :
-What is his/her possible income level?
-What is his/her occupation?
-What type of house does he/she live in?
-What area do they live at?
-What is their marital status?
-What is their level of education?
But what appears to be one of the most difficult obstacle business owners are faced with is going beyond the data, to gain “feeling”for these people
That is truly understanding them. Sounds like some abracadabra shii right, but it is not. You need to accurately determine in advance what their priorities are and then address it. To do this, you must literally walk on their shoes.
Today, I’ll share with you Dan Kennedy’s 10 Smart Marketing Diagnosis and Profiling Question you need to answer to help you understand the people you want to sell to :
1. What keeps them awake at night, indigestion boiling up their esophagus, eyes open, staring at the ceiling
Read also : How to become an affiliate marketer in Nigeria.
2. What are they afraid of
3. What are they angry about? Who are they angry at?
4. What are their top frustrations?
5. What trends are occurring and will occur in their business or lives?
6. What do they secretly desire most?
7. Is there a built-in bias to the way they make decisions?
8. Do they have their own language?
9. Who else is selling something similar to their product and how are they selling it?
10. Who else has tried selling them something similar & has how did it go?
Updated on 3:31-am May 31, 2023